Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Military Man

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am married to a military man.

A couple weeks ago Trent and I headed down to the local military office and made it official.

How do you make joining the military official you ask? By swearing an oath on a bible under a picture of the Queen and the Canadian flag,

and then signing a contract to seal the deal in ink.


It's actually going to be a pretty sweet deal for us. These last two years of school paid for in full, all fees, expenses, and textbooks, plus a military salary - cuz Trent's a second left-tennant afterall (why the brit's must have left-tennants instead of luitenants is beyond me). And in return Trent just has 3 years obligatory service as a Dental Officer on a Canadian base. How does that not sound awesome? Throw in some military healthcare coverage and boot camp for Trent (shooting guns and combat training, I mean come on), and...
I'm all in.

SO for anyone wondering... That's pretty much our 5 year plan. Or 4 1/2 year plan at least. I like having a plan.


I always loved a man in uniform? I guess now I always will.

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! That is a SWEET deal. You failed to mention that when I asked what was new and how married life was.. oh well. I am excited in blogland for you. Gotta LOVE not having all that debt! Its official... I need to marry a Canadian and do the SAME thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo!

    I love the posed picture at the end bahaha. Did you snicker? I would have...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled. But I had to behave, the Queen and fancy military people were watching. And I didn't want the picture to be blurry from shaking. That would be embarassing to have to take another.

    ReplyDelete