Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quittin Time

Remember when I said I really need these last three weeks to fly by? (and by 3 weeks, I mean 17 days 3 hours and 2 minutes) I take it back. I need these last three weeks to be over.

Good News: I GOT A JOB!!! The office I've been temping at all summer hired me full-time! Wahoo! One of their hygienists has been struggling with health stuff and has called in sick or simply failed to come in a lot in the past few months and today was no different. I'm not entirely sure whether this girl decided she wasn't going to be able to keep working anymore given her recent history and continuous illness, or whether she was encouraged to stop trying (aka fired), I have no clue. All I know is I get her job now. Is it just an indefinite sick leave fill or an actual permanent full-time job? Good question. Don't care. So in general I'll be working 9 hour days, mon-thurs. Awesome right? Well on the other hand...

Bad News: I'm scheduled to temp this week mon, tues, fri, sat. Split between two offices. But because this girl called in sick suddenly today and won't be coming back... the office has weeks and weeks booked solid for her. Which means I'm now working tomorrow (wed) and thurs, too. Don't worry, I'll do the math for you. It's 50. 50 hour work week this week. Is that legal? 2nd bogus part of this ordeal... because yeah, there's a 2nd downside. I was planning on going home Sunday because I wasn't scheduled to work until the next Friday. As you can assume by this point - I'm now needed to work next week. Yuck. Which means 9 hour days mon-thurs and then friday's 8 hours. Just another 44 hours. No biggie. Then obviously they have patients scheduled for the next week too, but that just so happens to be the week leading up to Kanzi's wedding - and Trent's return! and then I'm taking a week and a half after that off since Trent will finally be back... I doubt the office will be thrilled by that. They have a lot of rescheduling to do. But at least they have less immediate rescheduling to do? Whatever.

At least I have a job! I can stop worrying about what's going to happen when summer ends and this office stops going on vacation. I get to stay! These two weeks are going to be long.  And I'm still waiting on word to move upstairs. Things could get crazy. I know I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment