Thursday, October 20, 2011

Badda Boom Badda Bing

Trent has been contemplating getting a black powder rifle for months now. Here in Saskatchewan, you can hunt with a black powder rifle for a month ealier and more than you can with a regular rifle. It wasn't until he spotted something he liked that he decided it was time to go shopping.

So last Saturday we spent the day looking at, learning about, and buying Trent's new black powder rifle. And obviously we had to try it out, too.

The wind was SO cold.
But look how happy he looks.
Black powder baby
And we are ready to go
love at first shot.
Shooting guns is always a good time. It's like fireworks. I love the loud boom. It gives you a rush of adrenaline every time. This gun had such a good boom, it blew the leaves off the surrounding trees. It was wicked. I thought my hearing may not return, but it was worth it.

Then comes round two.

Trent went out hunting Monday evening. And got what he went for.

165 baby. So proud.
Then comes the after party...


We might have all the  skin and guts from that head in our kitchen garbage now. Awesome.
Oh thanks for laying down a garbage bag first, babe.
Too bad it didn't actually help protect the table...



Yep. That's for real.
So glad we could move over our pictures to make enough room for this bad boy. I think it really just pulls the room together, don't you?

Oh boys and their toys and their games. We're having a great time. And it's not even November yet.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not coming to visit any more. Jokes! I totally want to. I dont think I should marry a hunter though. Thats funny that he did that on your table. And gross that you have a bloody skull on display. And sick-take out your garbage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Have you heard theres wild pig hunting in saskatchewan?! A lady I work with brought pictures of her husbands wild pig hunting escapade to work after the thanksgiving weekend. I overheard her saying it was in saskatchewan....where in sask I dunno.

    ReplyDelete