Thursday, October 20, 2011

Puppy Love

Thanksgiving was super. Two full family dinners, one beautiful puppy, several ducks shot on the Bevans duck hunt, and so much fun all around. How do you not love this baby -->

Trent decided it would be a good idea have take one of Kurt's puppies for the weekend, you know, as training wheels. Have a puppy for the weekend, see if you're ready for a puppy for good. And everyone knows puppies precede babies. We call them baby steps.

She was a big hit. Everyone loved her. Alas, she was just training wheels for the weekend and she had to go home again. But it was a fun weekend while it lasted.

Family Photo :)

Sometimes Trent is a tough guy...

Sometimes he's fun-loving...

Sometimes he's just loving.
I think our puppy training weekend went better than planned. I have puppy love. Which is no surprise to me. For some reason I think Trent thought I was anti us getting a puppy and he schemed this weekend to make me fall in love with a puppy to convince me we should have one. Silly Trent. I'm only anti puppy while we have an apartment. Puppies grow into dogs and dogs don't belong in apartments. I love puppies. Who doesn't? But I love puppies that can have a yard to live and grow up in. We might be ready for a puppy when we finally have a yard for one. At least you can put a puppy outside and ignore her for a while if you need/want to... As for the rest of the baby steps...We might not be ready for a baby. The first day with puppy, she may have been left alone for the majority of the day. Okay with puppy. Not okay with baby. Oh well, baby steps right?

No comments:

Post a Comment