Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sagas

And not genesis.

Saga 1: The Camera Saga
- September, I lose my camera
- I go 3 painful months without it
- My wonderful husband surprises me with a camera for our anniversary in November
- I bring my new camera home for Christmas and take great pics at a party on my first night home
- I go to take pics the next night and they all come out way too dark
- No matter what I do, my new camera won't take great pics anymore
- Sadly I borrow a camera from Trent's dad for the rest of Christmas holidays
- Upon returning to Saskatoon, Trent tries to find the receipt for the camera and can't
- We try to plan and scheme and decide what we can do to replace/exchange my camera
- In the end, I decide to just go to Future Shop and tell them the truth and see what happens
- If only that were the end
- I'll try to make the actual end come quick
- Initially it looked like it might be quick
- Return guy acts like it's okay that I don't have the receipt and one of the camera guys will just check out the camera to make sure it's really not working before they exchange/return it
- Then THREE camera guys come over and each has to inspect and try the camera to make sure it really isn't working
- Then I have to go over to the camera section with one of the three and stand there for 20 minutes while he exhausts the camera's options - really, camera guy, it's broken.
- At one point he shows me the latest pic he took and says, "A little better, right?" No, camera guy. No it's not better. I should be able to turn my camera on and take a great pic, not an okay pic, and def not a "little better" pic after having to play with a hundred settings.
- Finally, after more playing and comparing with the display model. The three camera guys decide the camera really is defective and send me back to the return desk.
- New return guy proceeds to try to find Trent's transaction in the system from every angle possible
- No phone number works
- Names don't work
- Trent paid by cash so can't track debit or visa
- Conclude that Trent didn't get the extended care coverage (which would allow them to send the camera in to get fixed for me)
- I ask him what that means, is there nothing that can be done
- He decides that he can search manually through the system for the transaction if I knew exactly what day it was bought
- I do
- He's surprised
- So he starts looking
- Finally he says, "I think I found your receipt, I hope I found your receipt, because if it's not, I could get in a lot of trouble."
- And after all that - here's the real Christmas miracle - only because my camera was purchased before Christmas, is it allowed to be returned/exchanged after the regular 30 days - because all pre-Christmas purchases are given until Jan 8th to be returned/exchanged.
- but they don't have any more of my camera model in stock right now
- so I get a gift card for the cost of my camera
- Now I know you're probably bored out of your mind - I was until the last 4 points happened
- But there's a punch line
- I go find Trent in the store (who had stayed in the truck until I was in there forever)
- He tells me he got bored just sitting in the truck so he decided to clean it out
- He pulls my lost camera out of his pocket
- Oh the irony

No comments:

Post a Comment