Monday, February 13, 2012

Counting

I know most of whoever you are that read my blog probably already saw my fb status about counting down. But I haven't blogged in a while and my counting down is really all I've been up to lately. Sad. I know.

But there's just so much I'm counting down for!

1. I leave for Hawaii in T-2 days! I'm so excited to meet up with Amy and go on Hawaiian adventures. I'm going for a week - Trent's reading week - so that he can just live at the school and study his butt off, guilt free. He won't have to worry about neglecting me, or be tempted to come home and see me. Just study. Which, between you and I, he really needs to do. So far he's barely gotten any studying done. He has gotten through 5 seasons of Smallville though. Which we are watching this very moment. But I digress... the point is I'm going to Hawaii in 2 days!!! Then you can expect some actual blog posts.

2. Trent writes his boards March 3 & 4. Two day exam. 6 hours a day. It's kind of a big deal. It's the biggest test of our lives. And I can't wait for it to be over. Ha, and I'm sure Trent can't wait either.

3. Finding out where we'll be posted for the next 3 years with the military. I wish I had a date or a timeline or a T- for this one. But nope. Military is government and you know how vague they like to be... therefore we've been told anywhere between February and June. Thanks for narrowing it down to only half the year Military. Trent did have a meeting a couple weeks ago, where he gleaned from other officers that the woman in charge of our posting is notoriously slow for getting them done. Awesome. So now we just keep telling ourselves not to expect to hear anything until April at the earliest. But reality is we really don't know. WHICH IS KILLING ME! I'm a planner. I want to plan. I want to google wherever we're going and start exploring. I want to figure out how far a drive it is to home - or flight... Find out what time all the wards meet so we can make sure we never have to meet at 1pm ever again. You know, just feel like you know what direction your life is heading? Oh phooey. All we can do is wait. We do get to go on a week house hunting trip once we know our placement. I'm waiting for that, too.

4. Summer. I know we're having an awesome winter and I'm the last to complain. But I just like Saskatoon so much more in the summer. On the other hand I'm kind of counting down with sad anticipation because Trent will be heading back for 8 more weeks of basic training in Quebec for the summer. Bleh. And he'll have 3 or 4 more weeks after that of dental officer training. Super. Then we'll finally actually be moving to our placement.

I suppose that's the jist of my counting down. Just so many exciting things ahead of us! I'm trying to enjoy every day, but let's be serious - I cannot wait for Hawaii! Now I just need to get better from this ridiculous sore throat, cough, and cold so that taking off and landing in all those air planes doesn't make my sinuses feel like they're going to explode. Trust me, I've flown stuffed up before. I bawled at take off. It literally felt like my sinuses were going to explode. So painful. I'm a little nervous to go through that again. So wish me well soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ah I love Saskatoon in the summer too! Only when you're there though probably. I will come visit! And you sure better come visit me too!

    Also flying sick sounds deathly...dont be sick!

    ReplyDelete