Saturday, March 24, 2012

If I had a million dollars

It must be spring because for the past couple weeks I have been dying to throw out all my clothes and get new ones. Piece by piece, day by day, I keep adding an old hoodie, a t-shirt I never wear, a skirt I think I love but never put on, to a pile in my closet. It will all be gone soon. I might even go through my shoes. Maybe.

Also, there are SO many things I want to spend money on right now! I can't escape the list of things in my head that I want to buy:

- A new swimsuit. Or two. Or maybe three. I have found so many great swimsuits. I love love love swimsuits. They're fun and remind me of summer and I love the hot sun, water combo. I have a couple that need throwing out (not just because I'm bored, I've actually worn them thread bare), so obviously I need to replace them. I'm currently just trying to justify how expensive some of my favourites I've found are. *sigh*




- Clothes, clothes, clothes. From Moddest is hottest specifically today. I visited her facebook page and I just want to drop major dollars at her place. Shirts, skirts, dresses, belts... I'm so bored of my clothes, and I know I don't wear half of it. I can't decide whether it's because it was a warm winter so I didn't even touch my sweaters and long sleeves, or if I legitimately just need to chuck most of them. But we just got posted in COLD Lake, so I should probably hold on to warm things... right? I might not anyways.


- An apron. This might sound like I'm stretching for things to list, but no seriously. Maybe you'll understand better if you visit www.flirtyaprons.com . I specifically am eyeing sugar n' spice and very cherry, but their country/vintage-inspired ones are all awesome, too. I love to bake. And baking involves flour. And me with flour... we're tight. And by tight, I mean we're all over each other. It's inevitable. I love to bake. Therefore I need an apron. What good baker - and housewife - doesn't have an apron, right? And I have a code to get 30% off until Easter! Obviously I must get one.



- Books for my kindle. So many good books. I already caved and bought a skin for my kindle. Necessary? No. I already have a good case for it, but this will make it colourful and pretty when I open it to read... and it will protect it from getting scratched... yeah...


- itunes. With springtime, also comes my need for new music. I'm bored of my music and need a serious re-vamp. If Colton and Phil on American Idol put out CD's today, I'd buy them. And maybe Heejun too, depending on what he did. I want to buy some of their AI stuff already. But overall, I just need new music. Any good new music will do. And by new, I mean new to me. I've never been a guru - I know there's tons out there I need to hear.





So much splurging I'd like to do. Speaking of splurging, that's another store I wouldn't mind visiting... Why this is all hitting me at once? Who knows. Trent and I definitely aren't going to stay on our get out of debt fast track if I give in to my list... I'll have to pace myself... but which to start with?! How do you choose?? I want it all. And waiting on military info has taken all my patience, I have none left. I want to be frivolous. I even peer-pressured Trent (as he calls it) into buying a new suit a couple days ago. He only has a dark brown and a light tan suit - I mean really. The boy needed a good dark suit. Besides, he's graduating, he needs to look GOOD. And he will in this suit. It's beautiful. He looks great in it. It's a dark navy that you might think was black unless beside a black, with subtle green and blue pinstriping perfect for Trent's eyes. Put the right blue or green shirt with it and BAM - beauty. I love it. Possibly more than Trent does. But let's be serious, that boy never buys clothes - so it's my responsibility to keep him looking good. I mean, he's going to be a dentist next month. NEXT MONTH. Whoa. So excited. Maybe that's why I want to spend all of our money - because I know in a month we'll actually be making real money. Now THAT will feel good. Even if it is all slotted to get rid of debt. I can do a LITTLE celebrating with it first... right?

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of trent's almost job... and how dare you show me that apron website. I love aprons. This could be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I feel the same way!! minus the apron and swim suits. I hate all my clothes too!

    ReplyDelete