Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I just realized I already mentioned this...

This morning I got a text from Trent saying we for sure got the apartment upstairs! Which means, beginning of July (hopefully) I'll be recruiting help to haul all of our stuff up a floor. Apparently it would be ridiculous for either Trent or I to stay in the same place for more than a year. Neither of us have yet to accomplish it since moving away from home. We move every year. I hope the military doesn't get any bright ideas... Trent loves switching things up and moving, but I, on the other hand, kind of don't love it.

This move upstairs will be the second of the most ridiculous, but great, moves for me. In edmonton I literally walked my furniture and stuff two blocks to a new apartment. I can close my eyes and see Melissa and I carrying a table and lamps down the block. Ridiculous. But it was a necessary and loved move. I hope this one will prove the same.

See, it is kind of necessay, and I hope it will be loved. Pros of moving up a level:
- balcony - and therefore BBQ! and somewhere to sit outside and read! (Rather than my cement stoop that I've been sitting on out back.)
- it's the same amount of stairs just up instead of down.
- dishwasher!! (I hate washing dishes. Hate.)
- full size fridge. (We only have an "apartment" size one currently, which is way too small. We can't even have regular and chocolate milk at the same time!)
- new parking spot. Hallelujah. Our current spot is so snug between the others... and was literally impossible to park in half the winter/spring... and is under a tree that craps sticky all over my car in the spring/summer/fall - like I couldn't see out my back window after 36 hours of parking there once the snow melted. So I'm not even parking in my spot right now.)
- all for the special price of $30 more a month. I call this a good idea.

The only potential cons, is we're not sure if the kitchen is as spacious as our current one, but hopefully it won't be that much smaller; and the floor plan is different so hopefully it turns out just as great as this one. And hopefully we don't need to paint again...
The upside is the owner's daughter is the current occupant so it should be as updated and renovated as ours.

Was that way too much info? My bad. These are the kinds of things that make me happy and occupy my time.

Other things that occupy my time? Well today...
- Cutting up rhubarb (a lot of rhubarb) and making a scrumptiliumptious cake. You should all be here and have some. It's so good. Don't worry I had plenty to freeze so I can make more whenever you come to visit.
- Cleaning up the apt to show the manager - she was very impressed at our cleanliness. After seeing the apt we're moving into, I would be impressed by our cleanliness too.
- Checking out Ukulele's at Long and Mcquade's. I may have found "the one". I'm excited. Now I just need my tax rebate to get here. We filed in Feb. I don't want to talk about it.
- Finding out I didn't get the job from my first interview, which was shocking and sad - mostly because I just don't like losing. Obviously it wasn't meant to be, and hopefully tomorrow brings better news. Jasmine's going to put in a good word for me, so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy! It's Jenna! I just discovered your blog and must say that I may or may not have procrastinated A LOT today in order to read it all. But I love you and I miss you and I hope that married life is treating you amazingly! Hopefully one day we can meet in the middle (Alberta) and see each other again!!!

    ReplyDelete