Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Work Weeks

2.5 weeks down, 4.5 to go. I think I can I think I can. And let's be serious, it's actually 30 days, 2 hours and 49 min to go. Because of course I have a count down on my phone.

Last week and this week has been nothing but work. Which is great in it's own special way.

For one, it gave me something to do every day for at least 9 hours. Which is a really long time to do hygiene, in case anyone was wondering. And 7am is way too early to start. But hey, at least that means I'm off by 4:30. Which is nice. (3:30 would be nicer.)

For second, it has reminded me that I actually really enjoy being a hygienist - and people enjoy me being a hygienist. It has done wonders for my self esteem. And at least I get to be around people, rather than just puttering around my apt without a job, alone, very alone. And I'm never bored at work. Exhausted, yes; in pain, by noon; running behind, occassionally; but bored? never.

For third, it gave me funny stories to tell Trent. Like about the guy that hit on me shamelessly until I told him my husband is at boot camp. Then he told me he meant nothing by it all, and had just gotten out of a long serious relationship and was just having fun, and I was the best trip to the dentist he'd ever had, and he couldn't wait to get home and tell his roommates... it really was an entertaining app't.

For fourth, it ensured that I was around to get news that I will be moving at the beginning of July - which I had previously been told wasn't going to happen - so now I must start packing boxes and getting organized and cleaning. Quickly. But at least I'm moving up in the world! And hopefully they'll let us have a say in the paint colour so that Trent and I don't have to secretly paint again.

As great as having work is - and I'm turning out to have a fair bit between this office and another for the summer - I am so stoked for 4:30 tomorrow, when I will be done work for the week and shortly on my way to SoAB for a 3 day weekend; where kiddie pools, and frozen yogurt, and people watching await me. My swimsuit is already packed.

1 comment: