Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Things I love about yesterday.

Trent is gone this week mon-wed in Moose Jaw being all grown up and army dentistish. So I'm left sitting here without a job, waiting to hear from a couple interviews, and fending for myself.

But yesterday was a good day.

Things I love about yesterday:

1) It was sunny and warm and gorgeous outside.

2) I got a bonus from my last boss. Always a good day.
Walked in to drop off my key and walked out with a check.
Good trade.

3) I got an impromptu interview at an office.
I got a heads up about a position at this office on 
the weekend and just dropped by yesterday to hand
in a resume, and had an interview on the spot.
(I should hear back by tomorrow.)

4) Back to point one, since it was so glorious I decided to go
for a walk to check out some music stores on my hunt
 for a ukulele. I felt all trendy and cool walking Broadway Ave.
It's just one of those streets that seems like the type that's
made for walking up and down. So many interesting shops.
And they're shops, not stores. I loved it. And wish I had money
to do more than window shop. But I had to cave when I came to a
butcher and cheese shop. I went in on a whim and bought some cheese
curds and a piece of "Beemster - Premium Gourmet Dutch Cheese".
It honestly made me feel like I was in Amersterdam again,
as I walked and nibbled at my cheese in the sun on my trendy street.
It was Amsterdam all over again - that's where I first had this cheese afterall!

5) I walked home, but soon decided that I wanted to
keep my euphoria going. So I walked to the grocery
store to get some fresh basil for my caprese.
(Again, here's where I'd insert a link to Melissa's blog,
someone needs to tell me how. Apparently Melissa
has been inspiring me a lot lately.) It was quite the
walk, since the close local store didn't have fresh
herbs, but it was worth it! My caprese was so incredibly
delicious. I don't think I've ever realized how
ridiculously scrumptious fresh basil is - with fresh
tomatoes and mozza and a pinch of salt - so so good!
It was Italy and south France all over again. Such simple
ingredients, when fresh, are masterpieces;
that's what I love about their food.

It was a wonderful day for flying solo. The trees are full and leafy and grow over the streets into each other like a fairy tale and the sun was so warm. The only thing that would have made my day better would have been walking home with a Magnum - which are now in North America for the first time!! I was so excited when I saw them at the store. Clarissa and I got magnums everywhere we went in Europe, they're exquisite. I hope they're made out of  the same chocolate they are in Europe. Best ice cream treat ever put on a stick. But I'm pacing myself. I already treated myself to Dutch cheese.
I think today will be a magnum day.

And I have a PS. to good days: We got a call today saying we can move upstairs to the second floor where we'll have a balcony (and therefore BBQ), a dishwasher, and a full size fridge! All for the small deal of only $30 more a month. Again, good trade. We can move in beginning of July! Now I have to get dressed and clean so they can come check out our place and make sure it will be good to go when we move up.

1 comment: