Sunday, September 18, 2011

Interesting? facts about me

So in editting my blog once again, I came across this post that I wrote and never posted... I was probably trying to decide whether to indulge or not at the time... so here it is completely uncensored.

10 potentially interesting facts about me that you should probably already know:

1) I love sports. I played volleyball, badminton, basketball and rugby in school and love most sports, especially innertube waterpolo and rugby. Most favourite two for sure. Anything to be active and have fun.
2) I am ridiculously competitive. Even if it's not a competition - it's probably a competition of some sort in my head. Even if it's just with myself.
3) I am a nerd. I love reading and learning. I'm an overachiever and like to know things. I used to want glasses so badly I convinced my mom I needed them and had her take me to get my eyes checked. Turns out I have better than 20/20 eyesight; doctor said I was just suffering from eye strain from reading so much late at night under my covers with a flashlight because I didn't want to get busted by my mom. So my mom got me a reading light instead of glasses. And then I grew up to be the treasurer of my highschool counsel - I am a nerd.
4) If I went back to school for a "fun degree" it would be in pyrotechnics. I used to play with fire a lot and I think that has resulted in a delayed response time to the sensation of burning, because I still consistently burn myself when I'm cooking or around fire. I don't think I ever established the "hot burner hurts" lesson that children are supposed to learn early on.
5) I love camping. Love it. I don't have to be specifically hardcore backpacking, roughing it camping to have fun; I also like just parking a camper/trailer in the mountains or by a beach and enjoying being there and eating camp food and doing camping stuff (or just sitting and reading and getting a tan).
6) I am loud. I talk loud, I laugh loud, I think out loud. I like to tell myself that I have hearing problems so I have to be loud so I can hear myself, but I haven't been able to get any doctors to back me up on that yet.
7) I have an all or nothing personality. My life motto is go big or go home. I don't really see the point in doing anything half way or good enough. My mom's favourite quote from me is "I can do it myself" which I said to my dad when he offered to carry me on a hike when I was 2. I'm kind of independent, too.
8) I am double jointed. My hands are super flexible and bend in weird ways. Perhaps one day I'll entertain you with my tricks. Perhaps I already have. I can hold hands with my feet. Yep, full interdigitation hand to foot. It's weird. I told you, I am a nerd.
9) I have been skinny dipping. Multiple times. And think it's great. If not a little awkward given certain circumstances. I don't really recommend it in glacier water at midnight, but on a dare it's doable.
10) I don't get embarassed. I love stories - hearing them, telling them, remembering them - I just consider everything a good story for later. I love to laugh so laughing things off just seems like the best option whenever given a choice. And it really will make a great story later.

1 comment:

  1. Random fact but also kind of common. I just love you! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete