Friday, July 6, 2012

Bathing Suits, Bicycles, and Bad Drivers

Today was a great day.
Today I made a delicious breakfast for one.
Today I put on my swimsuit, packed a bag, and went to the park 2 blocks away that has a splash pool and ample sunny grass for reading my kindle.
Today I stayed at that park for 4 hours until I was good and tanned (burned) and had read 45% of my book.
Today I had a handful of skittles and a bottle of water for lunch.
Today I finally hauled mine and Trent's bikes out of the back seat of my car where they've been chillin' since last weekend when I brought them back from Leth.
Today I learned that bikes get really hot in the back seat of cars and should be taken out in the morning while it's still cool so you don't have to use oven mitts to get them out and they don't scald you every time they bump your skin.
Today I went for a bike ride.
Today I almost got hit by an ambulance on said bike ride.
Yes, today I was riding down Clarence when an ambulance swerved to go around a car waiting to turn left and that ambulance came within a foot of me on my bike; pinning me between it and the curb. I had to slam on my brakes and lean away so it didn't swipe me. If I hadn't been so concerned with my life, I would have hit the side of the ambulance with my hand out of fury and to make a point of how close it was to me. A truck drove past me after and the lady called out the window that she had seen that and asked if I was okay. At least someone else witnessed my near death experience and could have called an ambulance if one had hit me.
Today I remembered how much I love riding my bike, though, despite ambulances.
Today I rode to a friend's house just because I could and hung out while her hilarious kids danced for us. (I love dancing kids) (I love dancing)
Today I watched my friend's baby sip pool water off the pavement. Repeatedly.
Today was pizza Friday at their house. I love pizza Friday.
Today I had a good conversation with my husband.
Today I love technology for keeping people far away close.
Today I wore my swimsuit all day.
Today was a great day.
Tomorrow is going to be a great day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment