Monday, August 15, 2011

I wish my titles actually showed up

Where did I go?

1) Moved upstairs. And please don't say to yourself, oh you were just moving upstairs. Because let me tell you - as grateful as I am that I didn't have to load and unload a truck, that's where the pro of "just moving upstairs" ends. This building is so humid and hot and two flights of stairs and a hallway, times a million trips, carrying everything you own, is exhausting. I'm grateful Robbie and Bailey and the elders came to move the furniture I couldn't carry. And Bailey's a trooper for cleaning my bathroom top to bottom. I owe her. Glad to be moved, but I'm now glad it wasn't sooner because this apt is smokin hot, and in purely the sense that I won't sweat to death in my own home am I glad the summer heat is closer to an end than if we had moved in June (that being said, I hope we have a long late summer).

2) Immediately upon moving, I pulled stuff back off the shelves and out of the closets and packed my bags for southern alberta. It was a great trip home, packed full of wedding preparing, marathon sewing (props to my moms), painting and laying laminate, camping, bachelorette partying, wedding partying, family visiting, and HUSBAND RETURNING! Wahoo!! My long lost husband has returned and I've never been happier. Kanzi's wedding was beautiful and just throw a vertical strike through my and Trent's wedding day temp and you've got Kanzi's. So jealous. But everything turned out so wonderful. It was kind of perfect to have Trent return the night before and have one of the first things we did together be to return to the temple and witness and relive a sealing. Perfect. The not so perfect side? When I sat down on my chair in the sealing room, I felt a sharp stab in my left leg. No, stab isn't an adjective in this sentence, it's a noun. I was actually stabbed in the leg. By a pin my mother lovingly left there for me to find. (Remember mention of a sewing marathon? Yeah she may have been exhausted and missed getting this one... got it.)

You'll get bored if I even try to go on about all that was done... but I think I just might do it anyway.

Kanzi and Colt just bought a house and are fixing it up. Hence the painting and the laminate flooring. They were long days, but I find something quite rewarding about hard work. I've never laid laminate before but it's super easy and Trent and I make a killer laminating team ha.

I met a ton of Trent's family (again - but who really remembers all the new names and faces from their own wedding?). They're hilarious. And make Trent make so much more sense. Always a good time. And meeting some of Kanzi's friends at her bachelorette party was also a riot - as were my sister-in-laws. Oh bachelorette parties...

Camping in Waterton is always a summer highlight, and quite frankly I just didn't get enough of it and I'm sad. I want to go back. Trent and I did get some time alone to camp in Waterton which was nice. Though Trent may have spent an entire day inside the bus because he burned himself so badly the day before. All he could do was lay flat on his back - which was the least painfully burned part of his body. So what did I do all day? Sat outside reading. One of my favourite summer activities to be honest. But I proceeded to get a little too much sun myself. Not near Trent's level, but it dried me out enough that I now look like a leper from the amount of crumbling that has occurred. SK is actually shockingly more humid than AB and as it turns out, my skin kind of likes humidity and crumbles when it lacks it.

Other highlights include gopher hunting - I'm a sniper and I love sniping gophers. We went and watched Colt in the Cardston ranch rodeo and regular rodeo - I already love having him in the family, I love cowboys and rodeos. Simply being with Trent. Always a highlight. Lowlight - His plane was 45 min late which KILLED me. I was 45 min early just to make sure I was there the second he got off that plane, so after I'd been waiting 25 min and saw his flight suddenly delayed... so sad. I'm sure people around me thought I was a crazy person. I got up and checked the flight boards a million times and probably looked like such a tornado of excited, disappointed, anxious, happy, frustrated, hopeful, distressed, desperate, schitzophrenic, bipolar. Then he texted me that they finally landed. Which proceeded to be a terrible tease because since they were late they no longer had a port to unboard at and had to wait. I seriously contemplated jumping the fence and running to the plane and demanding they let me have him. Ahahaha oh I sound crazy. But I was going crazy. And it was the middle of the night to boot.

Anyways, now I'm home and settling back into my cozy married routine and working. But that's for another post... I'm tired and I've lost your attention, you're only skimming now anyways. Well skim this - Next blog to include: Indian Givers and toonie sized bruises.


1 comment:

  1. should I be ashamed that you didnt lose me? And I even heard most of that already? hahaha. You'll never lose me!

    ReplyDelete