Wednesday, December 15, 2010

bringing in the season

So I was a little bummed that I missed my new family ward's Christmas party, because Christmas parties just have a special place in my heart and are a great way to kick off the Christmas season.
WELL
Not all is lost because while in Edmonton, Amy (who was kind enough to let me share her bed) and I got invited to Garneau YSA's Christmas party. In a nutshell - best christmas party ever. Why, you ask? Here's a little checklist of what made this party so great:

- rapping. not the kind you put around presents. the kind with B-Murder and C-Money in da house.(please re-read that last line with the whitest pronunciation you can muster). nothing says Christmas like a good rap. especially when the lyrics include, "sipped from the cup of damnation" and "I go hard"x20. really? really. Did I mention there were two separate rap performances. cuz there was. oh yeah.

- fantastic food. it couldn't be the best Christmas party without great food.

- some great christmas carols via flute, piano, and a capella. I love Christmas carols. so much. was it a little random to go from a flute duet of O Holy Night to a rap number? yes, yes it was. was that part of this party's charm? yes, yes it was.

- dessert competition. who doesn't love a little friendly competition to bring out the best desserts? so good.

- Brad Jones doing the worm while singing an unidentifiable Christmas song. 'nough said.

- grand finale of a rock n'roll version of O Holy Night. electric guitar, drums, and mad vocals included. SO good.

- skyped with the bishop. in mexico. projected on a giant screen. has that ever happened before?? I think I witnessed a first.

- Santa came. surprise? no. then Elf came running out of nowhere. surprise? yes. his costume and personality were perfect. and hilarious. and so unexpected. I killed myself laughing.

These are a few of my favourite things. Such a good Christmas party. And I got to see some good friends and answer the necessary, yet redundant, question - what're you doing here? about six hundred thirty two times. What would have made it even better you ask? Trent being there of course. He woulda loved the rapping. and Elf. Though it may have been that much more socially unacceptable for both of us to be at a YSA party. At least the fact that I was alone gave me some pity points.

Best Christmas party ever. Everyone at my table killed themselves laughing all night. I got abs. What a way to bring in the season.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

2 comments:

  1. Haha oh man, I've heard about this Christmas Party twice already...it must have been something else if people down here are talking about it!

    Also- you would go to a YSA party after getting married...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who down south is talking about this party?? It was only two nights ago!

    ReplyDelete