Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Joy to the World

Trent doesn't have a duvet cover for his duvet. Okay let me rephrase, WE don't have a duvet cover because I donated the duvet cover Trent had to Value Village because
a) it's flannel,
b) it's solid cream (that I think was originally white),
c) it's old, and really
d) it hasn't actually been on the duvet in at least a year.
Last week I spent hours, and I mean HOURS, looking through duvets online. I've looked at Sears and Zellers and Home Outfitters and Walmart and Superstore and Winners and pretty much every store I went to last week, just in case I found a treasure. Then I visited Amy and slept under the most beautiful duvet.


So I fell in love with this duvet cover and really really really really really really really really really want it. Unfortunately, I discovered it too little too late. Had I looked sooner, Anthropologie probably would have had one on sale and I could have snatched it up. However now all they have is twin size left. Sad day. I actually measured our duvet just to make sure a twin cover wouldn't fit. I was desperate. I even e-mailed anthropologie just in case they had one hiding somewhere or in a store somewhere that I could pay to ship from. After I sent the e-mail, the thought occurred to me that maybe one had been sent back because it was damaged. I almost e-mailed them again begging them for even a damaged duvet cover.

I would like to take this moment to say that the hormones made me do it. As if I wasn't passionate enough, I plead the case that my birth control hormones are making me even more emotionally invested in everything. And I mean everything. Gameshows are my weakest link. I get really really happy for the contestants I like when they win. Sometimes I catch myself almost tearing up with joy and am like, whoa whoa whoa, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Oh wait, I am.


So I blame the pills for my desperate love of this duvet cover. I realize it's just a duvet cover. But it really is exactly what I've been looking for, for what it's worth. And where there's a will there's a way. And who can I count on to come through for me here? EBAY!!! I may not have found it for the full sale price, but I did find it for A LOT less than the original price. SOLD. So happy. Don't worry I wasn't moved to tears. But I am super stoked to come back from my honeymoon to a brand new, beautiful duvet cover!

love it

2 comments: