Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dr. Seus

Since I'm out here and married and all and haven't had a doctor in the city I live in for 5 years, I finally figured I should have one in S'toon. So the hunt began.

And as all good searches go these days, mine began on the internet. I googled dentists accepting patients in S'toon, which conveniently and immediately shot me a list of just that. Then I proceeded to systematically scroll through the list and pick out any name that sounded white. If you're offended by this plan then feel free to stop reading now. It's not that I'm racist. I just didn't want a language barrier with my doctor... and I may have had a couple questionable experiences with some walk in doctors. So this was my plan.

Once I had my list, I took it to the best place I could think of to narrow my selection: rateyourmd.com
Such a wonderful place. A place where people can say whatever they want about their doctors. A place where I can see which doctor has the best rating and comments, and the worst.

After that I came to my conclusion: Dr. Gavin Daniels. "Best doctor I've ever been to."

I called and set up an appointment, and went and filled out the forms and waited. And low and behold who walks into the room and introduces himself as Dr. Daniels... but a very "tanned" man. I almost laughed out loud. After all my rigorous work. It was meant to be.

The good news is, he lived up to his rating. He was very kind and happy and "clear spoken" (that may have been mentioned in one of the comments, I should have guessed then). So all in all, the internet didn't fail me, I seem to have found a good doctor!

You never get what you think you will in life, but sometimes, you get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment