Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trent and I have been following the Biggest Loser this season - each for our own reasons...

MY reasons:
- I find some of the competitors so impressive - Courtney lost 100 lbs before even starting the show, Rulon is a freaking olympian, and man I love Tongans.
- I like seeing people succeed, and the huge change
- I love watching the numbers drop - Moses lost 41 lbs in ONE WEEK, and he's almost lost my worth in weight in 6 weeks, I mean really people!
- It helps motivate me and remind me that I need to go to the gym; if they can do it, I can do it. And I never want to be in their position.
- Out of sight, out of mind - watching the biggest loser keeps me seeing and thinking. When you wear scrubs day in and out, it's easy to let things go out of sight... I bet I could gain 20 lbs and my scrubs would still fit.
- Sometimes it's just straight up entertaining.

In edmonton I stayed really active, playing soccer and handball and going to the gym nearly every day. It's not that I've dropped off the planet with marriage, but definitely off the wagon. My exercising has been sporadic at best ever since I got engaged even. Planning a wedding is exhausting.

So now that I'm settled and have been watching the show, that's it, it's time, game on. Last week I sat and watched biggest loser, eating a brownine and ice cream. Enough. I've been to the gym a few times this month and so far this week I'm 2 for 3 days. (In my defense, I'd be 3 for 3, but when I got to the gym today, I didn't have any change for the meter.) My goal is to go to the gym 4 times a week. There I said it. I have made myself accountable.

I'm sorry if I've bored you with my personal ambition, but it needed to be stated so I will do it. In my heart of hearts I'm going to try to post at the end of each week to report back. If not for your sake, just mine. You and me both know I've got the competition in me. On the treadmill last week I saw the girl next to me was running 2 km/h faster than me. So I turned my speed up 2 km/h. And almost died by the end. But I don't like to be beat. So I will win this goal.

Weight has nothing to do with it for me. It's all about being in shape and feeling good and looking good. So my personal competition is not the biggest loser, but the smallest figure. Boo ya. So here's to being in shape!

2 comments: