Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Redemption

Also known as Valentine's Day.

Here's the thing about Valentine's Day.
Does it need to be a big deal? No.
Is it a wonderful surprise when it is? Yes.

Here's how I see it.
Valentine's Day is guys' chance to do one of two things:
1. Forget or be lazy and lose major brownie points; or
2. Remember and even the smallest thing is worth a million.

Does it need to be a big deal? No.
But it IS a chance for redemption.
Redemption from any little mistakes, slip ups, forgetfullness, or just for not saying or doing anything sooner.
It's a chance to say and do the things you think of every day, and really mean to, but maybe just need a moment, a day per say, to take the time to.

For me, it's not what is done specifically, but the fact that time was taken to do it.

Valentine's Day could be any day, it should be every day. But once a year we have a chance to catch up. Once a year the world has given us a moment to really think about the ones we love.
I think Hallmark has it right. It's a chance to say, "I love us."

Yesterday was a crazy day at work and by the time I got home I wasn't really wanting to go out even though that's the plan Trent and I had made. But you know what, I'm glad we did. It was nice to just go out and be together in the name of love.
I love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment