Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Holy Pot Hole!

You know all those things you've heard about Saskatchewan roads?

They're true.

The temperature has finally reached zero in my neck of the woods and my world is mush. I'm shin deep in mush. What I have found under that mush - pot holes. Small ones, huge ones - they're everywhere. I fear for my car.

Saskatchewan roads are brutal. Not just on their straight, bumpy, undivided highways, but right city center on your drive to work and the gym in the province's biggest city, too.



You know it's bad when there are radio announcements to watch out for potholes. Some places get weather watches, we get pothole watches. The radio tells me to hang tight, the city will get to all the pot holes as soon as possible. But I'm no fool. I've heard all those things about Saskatchewan roads, too. I'm not holding my breath - except every time I see a huge pot hole I can't avoid.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that its possible to make the government pay for any damages to your car caused by pot-holes? At least I know in America you can do that...

    ReplyDelete