Monday, March 28, 2011

It's that time, again.

Trent forgot to take a lunch today, and was planning on staying after clinic to study for an exam he has tomorrow, so I was supposed to take him dinner. I've got everything ready to go and am just waiting for him to say he's done clinic and ready for me to come, when he runs in the door. He had to come home to get his computer charger and some notes.

As he's dashing around, he informs me he has a test he didn't think he had this week so has a test every day for the next 3 days. There was a free lunch and speaker at school so he had stole all the food he could.

On his way out the door he says, "See you Friday!"

It's just that time again - exam season. (And it's not even finals yet.)

Also, with Trent and I trying to stick to our budget, March has been a long month. We are literally scraping the bottom of the bucket this week. We've run out of even basics like margarine, ketchup, mayo, peanut butter - and there's no sign of fresh goods in our fridge or pantry.

Yesterday night I boiled the chicken bones and scraps from our Sunday Dinner to make chicken broth. For dinner tonight I had chicken broth and dry toast (because we have nothing to put on it). We're pathetic. But I really don't feel hard done by at all. We've got plenty to eat, we just have to get creative. And I find the situation kind of amusing. We're just living the newlywed-husband-in-dental-school life, right? My husband stole leftovers from his school lunch for crying out loud.

It's just that time of month again. From here on out, the last week of every month will be known as "skinny week". At least I can lose some weight right?

Though as a PS. Can I just say, my chicken broth was dang good. And when I told Trent not to throw the bones and scraps out because I was going to boil them, he looked at me so skeptically. He's never seen chicken bones boiled for broth before! Really? Really. Poor boy. And he says he watched cooking shows every day as a kid. Pff. But really, I was proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment