Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Only in Canada...

I like the Tide commercial that talks about how Canadians know how to live in the cold and embrace it. "In Canada, cold is a sport."

Well with the temperature finally reaching zero, I've been noticing a lot of things that only happen here when we reach melting point, too. So I've comprised a new list.

Only in Canada, when the temperature reaches zero:
- do we switch our winter jackets for hoodies.
- do we stop wearing mittens, touques, and boots.
- do we roll down our window as we drive, to enjoy the fresh air.
- do we say, "It's so warm out today!"
- do we swerve to drive through puddles, like we've never seen water in liquid form.
- do people sit outside to enjoy the weather.
- do we think that spring has finally arrived.

I love it. "Spring Fever" starts at +1. I came home from the gym still in my shorts and t-shirt with just a hoodie thrown over top and a man coming into the apartment building at the same time looked at me and said, "Yeah it does feel like shorts weather, doesn't it?" I laughed.
Silly Canadians.

2 comments:

  1. Are you an under cover American or something? hahha you sound like one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I was just thinking the same thing! Its +1 out right now, the wind is only blowing 9kmh, and I'm in heaven. I don't want to sleep, I want to enjoy the weather cause I don't know if it will last...

    ReplyDelete