Thursday, May 5, 2011

Call me crazy

So I have a deep love and passion for rugby. Even the word RUGBY gets me so excited. For example, the other day at work, I was in a side consult room when I heard a mom mention her daughter playing rugby. It was not a conversation, literally a word drop mid different conversation. Like, "Well taylor has rugby practice on Thursdays so..." That was all. That was all I needed.

I came running. Literally.

As she's headed out the door, I'm running toward reception yelling, "EXCUSE ME! COULD I ASK YOU A QUICK QUESTION BEFORE YOU GO?!" I didn't think she heard me or realized I was talking to her. I didn't think she was going to come back in. The door was closing. Everyone was staring at me like I was a crazy person. I might be.

And then she stuck her head back in and I say, "I'm so sorry, but I heard you mention that your daught plays rugby?"

"Yes. She does."

"Does she play in a city league or on a highschool team?"

"Highschool team."

That's all I wanted to hear. I explained to her that I played all through highschool and assistant coached a JV girls team for a year, then had to move for school, but have been trying to get back into it this year, but haven't been able to find the right people or info so far. She immediately had her phone out and was giving me the names and numbers of two girls' highschool rugby coaches! Eureka! I was ecstatic. So helpful. So great.

I called one and had to leave a message a couple days ago and decided I'd give her a chance to get back to me before I contacted the second. Well apparently I'm not very patient because yesterday night I e-mailed the second lady (because oh yeah, I got an e-mail address too, this lady hooked. me. up.)

It's too bad the season's already underway, but like I said in my messages, I'd really just love a foot in the door, get my feet wet, get back in the game, get more experience coaching.

Let's face it, I just want to be around the sport in any way I can get right now.

But can Saskatchewan handle my yelling? I really don't know.









TO BE CONTINUED...

2 comments:

  1. "You are crazy"

    Hey.. you said to call you crazy. You crack me up. I can picture you running. Is this your nervous excitement? Maybe you could dress your rugby ball up like a baby just to humor me? maybe? maybe not.. ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. LOVE. THIS. So much that i've read this post, and your message several times over, and because i'm crazy too- i've started imagining taking my team out there next year, or you bringing your team here to play us, and LCI, and maybe Raymond, cause it would be so easy to set up... And then we would just play each other in this magically nice field on this beautiful, but not too hot day, and it would be the greatest game of rugby either of us has ever seen, and then our teams would hang out for a bit after the game, and everyone would be friends, and we'd live in a happy rugbyever after state...

    Cause I'm crazy too....

    ReplyDelete