Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dinner Date

Trent's finals started on Monday. His studying started two weeks ago.

Some wives complain that they don't get a date night every week, or at all. Well wives, prepare to be jealous. I get a date night every night. That's right, every night I come home from work and make dinner and wait by my phone for Trent to text me and tell me that he's ready to eat. Then I get in my car and drive to the school and we have our little 30 min dinner date in the student lounge of the dental building. It's really romantic. Sometimes the janitor joins us. Usually there's at least one other person there studying.

But I revel in our dinner dates. I love those 30 min of my night. I deliberately don't text him during the day about things so I can talk to him about them in person during our dinner date. Because by the time Trent gets home from studying, I'm fast asleep. I get to drive him to school though in the morning! It's sad really, the couple mornings that Trent hasn't needed to get up and get a ride with me, I miss our 10 min drive together. But when you think about it, that's 1/4 of the time I get to spend with him each day.

I love that Trent's a genius and studies hard, but I'll be happy when finals are over. Though I actually do secretly love our little finals routine. I really do look forward to our dinner dates. I feel helpful and supportive and Trent's been very effective with his studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment