Thursday, May 19, 2011

Good Karma

I love going to church.
I love paying tithing.
I love getting blessings for loving those things.

When Trent and I got moved in, we stacked two air mattresses on the floor to watch TV and ate our first meal on top of upside down cardboard boxes in front of us. Things were as they should be for a newly wed couple. It was perfect.

Then one of Trent's buddies came over and said, "Dude, you need furniture." He mentioned that his parents had furniture in storage just waiting for his sister to use when she moves out in a couple years. Badda boom, badda bing - we've got furniture. Nice furniture. We are so blessed.

Last week Trent got a facebook message from the daughter, "Hey... so I'm moving into my own place at the end of May..." Trent, "Are you actually asking for your own furniture back? Of course you can have it!" Goodbye beautiful furniture. It was good while it lasted.

No sooner, had I mentioned in passing conversation with a girl at work the whole furniture situation and my new kijiji couch hunt, did that girl come back to work the next day and say, "Hey, I was thinking about how you're looking for couches, and I have an extra couch and loveseat in my sun room that we don't need... if you want to use them?" Badda boom, badda bing - we spent one night sitting on the floor between take-out and pick-up.

I love blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see your apartment again. New tour new tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha it hasn't really changed that much. Just small black leather couch and loveseat in place of the other furniture. If anyone has an ottoman though, Trent and I would love one! We miss the giganto one.

    ReplyDelete