Thursday, May 26, 2011

Playoff Season

I know you're all dying to know how my rugby team has been doing...
Well we just played game one of city playoffs - AND KILLED IT! I honestly don't even know what the final score was... something like 40-10. And the second try the other team scored shouldn't have counted because the girl was CLEARLY playing the ball on the ground and failing to release. Oh well.

It was seriously SUCH a GREAT game though! These girls are 15 of the most athletic, smart, and coachable girls I have ever had the joy of working with. These girls have talent - and know it - and STILL listen and learn and get better. There's not a single attitude problem on the entire team. I yell, I watch them hear, respond, and internalize for next time. They're brilliant.

I really couldn't go on and on enough about how fantastic these girls are. But tonight they played their first playoff game and left it all on the field. They hit, they rucked, they ran, they supported, they passed, they won. Crazy good. So stoked.

I'm going to be really sad after this weekend is over and rugby is no more. Whatever will I do without teenage girls to yell at?

1 comment:

  1. AH! So exciting! I'm so jealous! Go team! You have pretty sweet colours/jerseys too.

    PS this is Michelle in case you couldnt tell...for some reason it wont let me post as me.

    ReplyDelete